Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thing 12

I have 2 good things to write about.

1: My blog was recognized as Neflins Blog of the week this week(probably because I am one of the only people who made it to Thing 12--I am sad to say that my co-workers are pooping out left and right.Get it together guys!!!). Anyways, back to ME...you can check out my quote on the weekly newsletter. Autographings are set to be scheduled March 1. Presents are also welcomed as my birthday is this week and no one at work decided to bring presents. What good is the cake and the party, when there are no presents? Actually, I thanked my lucky behind today that I had a job. Especially one where people bake you cakes and bring in candy!

2. I just totally love Wiki. It reminds me of a Star Wars book we have in our collection called "What is a Wookie?" I really don't like Star Wars, but Wookie is such a cool word, and now Wiki is right there with it. I totally "messed" up Neflins Wiki. It said we could though! I swear!

I think Wiki's are fun to have but because they are edited by everyone AND their mother, it's not always a reliable source. I still use Wikipedia, just because it's fast and easy and usually the information isn't too bogus. I know some of my friends had to write a wikipedia definition as part of their homework. So there are some college kids out there adding their two cents. As for libraries, I think its a good idea. I would like to collaborate with other librarians and see whats going on and what other pages I can leave my mark on. Mwahah. JK!

Until Thing 13....

Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment