Friday, March 20, 2009

Thing 15

I think Rollyo is a brilliant idea. I do a lot of searches for lesson plans for school and even for work. I love picking books and then searching online to see if theres anything fun I can incorporate with the book. I have a ton of favorite teacher websites that I look through for ideas and I think it would be great to have one way to search them all, because Rollyo is right, sometimes you search and all sorts of crazy stuff comes up and you aren't sure what a hotdog has to do with your search term of "Rolex watches". The only thing I can see this being good for in libraries is to create a list of safe websites for kids to search the web with that allow them to search without having random, or even innappropriate information pop up. I have seen that too many times even with all the filters we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment