Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thing 18

I have been Myspacing and Facebooking since 2005 or earlier. I visit them daily at home and I find it a great way to stay in touch with friends who are far away and even to find old friends. They have great search engines to find people from your school or hometown. Now, they even do the searching for you and give you a list of people you may know. It's usually 99% right too!

For this thing I visited Alachua Counties Library Myspace and found it to be very interesting. They have adds for events and pictures of things they have done in their library. It's also a great way to show people what your library looks like. I love seeing the insides of other libraries to see what it's like where other people work. It's also a cool way to get library members together. Alachua county has many friends, most whom seem to have some library connection. Posting blogs or event invitations are good ways to get information out to friends and also to get an idea of how many to expect in attendance.

I wish our library system would get on myspace so we could connect with other libaries and maybe do a joint effort one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment