Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thing 2

Ok so Im an idiot. I just read more about Web 2.0 and realize that I use it nearly everyday. I had no idea that Myspace, Youtube, and Facebook fit into this category. When did the term "Web 2.0" come into existence?
As for Library 2.0, I think the idea is catchy. I would be interested to see some kind of a forum on our library website that both patrons and employees of the library could use to stay in touch. Personally, I have never been a big fan of blogs or forums but as the popularity rises for this sort of thing, I do find myself viewing them now and then. One of my favorite forums connects with the local newspaper. I love reading the news online and then seeing people's posts underneath the column. I also was recently introduced to www.teachertube.com which is similar to Youtube but for teachers. It's amazing what kinds of technology goes on around you when you just stick to the same websites you always have. This Neflin challenge has definitely opened my eyes up to technology that I didn't even know existed and I'm only on Thing 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment