Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thing 7

I've seen librarians do these trading cards for themselves. Each librarian has a card and it lists silly super powers and funny things about them. From what I've heard, kids love coming to the library to collect the newest librarian trading card. I, personally, know that I wouldn't want my picture and name on a card to give out freely, but I guess it depends on where your library is located. After this past weekend at our library, I'm not even sure I want to wear my name badge. Is it coincidence that my name tag always turns itself backwards....I think not...I mean surely it's an accident!

Using trading cards to promote events sounds like a wonderful way to reach our patrons. Partially because it's small enough to fit in a wallet and also because its new and different and people like new and different.

Ok, so I went to ToonDoo to create mine. I do not judge books by their cover(all the time)...but I do ALWAYS judge a webpage by it's name...is that wrong?? Registering for this website was probably the easiest I've ever used.
It takes all of 3 steps:
1.What user name do you want?
2. What password do you want?
3. What's your email address?

I wish all registrations were this simple.

Ok so I just stepped into the creation zone and I must say I am very impressed. It's like photoshop for kids and without the big download! Kids would love this website just to create their own comics. Whoever created this website is a genius! I'll be back in...uh....ok this could become my new hobby.

No one freak out when they see this...ok....promise.

1 comment: