Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thing 3

I have entered the blogosphere....it's dark and somewhat scary...I wonder if there are aliens here or if it's just a bunch of lazy humans writing about their existence....hmmm...

Alright enough of that...today's challenge was to try out Technorati. I really like the looks of this website. It has current blogs listed on the main page as well as different tabs for photo's, video's and the most popular blogs. Since today is the inauguration of the President, all the blogs on the main page seem to be on this historical event. The other blog search engine I used was Google Blog Search. I really love Google as a regular search engine and wanted to see what it produced in terms of blogs. I searched for "Children's Books" and found that Google was much more effective in finding what I searched for. Technorati came up with blogs pertaining to moms, traveling, beauty, AND then Children's Books, where as Google came up with blogs just pertaining to Children's Books. So while the look of Technorati is more appealing, the search of Google is much more effective. In fact google came up with 278,580 blogs whereas Technorati came up with 1,235.

This just goes to show that beauty is only...uhh....monitor deep?

No comments:

Post a Comment